Wine Tasting Sussex - Welcome to Sussex Wine School
We are an independent wine education company offering Wine Tastings and Wine Courses in Brighton. No previous experience required!
Here are four good reasons to join us for a wine tasting or wine course:
- you can taste and learn about wine in a fun and relaxed setting
- you can improve your confidence buying wine
- you can get inspired about wine
- you can get a wine qualification
UPDATE - Sussex Wine School reopens at its Brighton venue - Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 2AD - on 1st September 2020. Tastings and courses from this date are now live and ready to book on the website. The hotel is Covid-19 safe and you will experience social distancing measures at the venue. We can't wait to see you there!
New Online WSET Level 2 in Wines and Level 3 in Wines courses are running in August and September with live tutoring from Jonny, practice questions, online revision support and taster cases available to buy.
Following the success of our first online wine course in April, May and June we have launched a new series of online live evening wine tastings and courses running in July, August and September - See here for all online courses. Each online course has a Taster case also available to buy.
"As a regular attendee at both the evening tastings and a number of the longer courses, I can highly recommend Sussex Wine School. Catering for both the casual wine drinker keen to know more and the more experienced wine enthusiast ready to delve deeper. The wide range of courses available is matched by Jonny's knowledge, enthusiasm and passion. Well worth keeping an eye on the website as new tastings are regularly added." Charlotte, Sept 2019
Our wine tastings and wine courses take place in Hotel du Vin Brighton.
We also offer Wine & Spirit Education Trust wine qualifications and Wine Scholar Guild courses
You can get a feel for what it is like to take a WSET course by watching this video
Find out more about our three Wine Scholar Guild courses by watching this video
Venues and Times
We use Hotel du Vin in the heart of Brighton for our wine tastings and courses (or we can travel for private groups).
- Evening tastings run from 7pm-9pm
- Saturday Courses with champagne and lunch run from 11am-4pm
- WSET courses run from 9.30am-4.30pm each day
- Wine Scholar Guild evening courses run from 7pm-9pm
Hotel du Vin Brighton at 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD is in central Brighton and within easy reach of public transport, the train station and local car parks.
Our tastings and courses are run in one of their ground floor function rooms (ask which room we are in at reception).
See below for a map link. The nearest car parks are The Lanes, Churchill Square Car Park 2 and NCP Russell Road.
For table bookings in the award winning bistro after your tasting or for information on room rates (popular with Saturday courses) please call 0844 7364251 or book online.
For a Google map please click here
Don't know which course to select?
Please call Jonny Gibson on 01273 978122 and he will be delighted to guide you through all our courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page, with your query. We will be happy to help.
Our wine courses and wine tasting in Sussex are suitable for everyone. They make a unique wine gift and wine present. We run many wine courses from one evening wine tastings to 8 week wine courses.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN SUSSEX
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY and are VALID for 2 YEARS. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting Fulham-London & Wine Courses Fulham-London
- Wine Tasting City-London & Wine Courses City-London
- Wine Tasting Streatham-London & Wine Courses Streatham-London
- Wine Tasting Camden-London & Wine Courses Camden-London
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Sussex & Wine Courses Brighton/Sussex
- Wine Tasting Kent/Tunbridge Wells & Wine Courses Kent/Tunbridge Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting Belfast/N Ireland & Wine Courses Belfast/N Ireland