Wine Tasting Sussex - Welcome to Sussex Wine School
We are an independent wine education company offering fun-filled Wine Tastings and Wine Courses in Sussex and Kent. No previous experience required!
- taste and learn in a relaxed setting
- improve your confidence buying wine
- make new discoveries
Our luxurious Saturday Intros to Wine (incl. lunch & Champagne) run monthly and need to be booked in advance - enjoy a day hosted in the beautiful Hotel du Vin or Pelham House Hotel.
Our popular 8 week World of Wine Tour gives you the chance to taste 50+ wines from 12 countries having loads of fun while learning lots of stuff about wine. Plus it's flexible (if you need to skip an evening you can pick it up when it repeats later)!
Recent 5-star Tripadvisor Review: "A totally enjoyable day where you learn so much; Jonny knows his wines and enables you to learn so much from him. Highly recommend for anyone to take up this experience! This is my second time in less than a year and would not hesitate to go again. Thank you". Read our latest Trip Advisor reviews for wine tastings in Brighton and Tunbridge Wells
Sussex Wine School Tastings and Courses
Our wine courses suit all levels of wine knowledge and experience, and we offer a range of courses for everyone to enjoy:
- Saturday Introduction to Wine Courses including champagne and a 2 course lunch £95
- 8 Week World of Wine Tour over eight weeks (Brighton or Lewes or Tunbridge Wells) for £95 plus £10 per night.
- 4 Week Courses cover a country or region (France v New World, Discover Italy, Discover Spain & Portugal, Tour of Europe) for £55 plus £10 per night.
- Evening tastings from £25 (Brighton or Lewes or Tunbridge Wells). Themes include countries, grape varieties, old world v new world and more.
- Our specialist Fine Wine tastings give you the chance to try premium wines over £20 from the world's best wine regions.
- Our Food & Wine evenings are a great way to experience food and wine matching.
No previous wine knowledge is required to enjoy any of these courses.
We also run wine events for companies, charities and private groups.
Find out more here.
Our national network of friendly Wine Schools offer wine courses & tastings at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
We are the UK's largest network of WSET certified educators. Over 1,400 successful WSET candidates in 2015.
Chris Powell, the founder of our network, Local Wine School, took home the silverware for the much coveted Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 2015 award. The judges were unanimous in selecting Chris Powell, head of our Local Wine School network, as the winner. We are extremely proud to be a part of the network, contributing a significant number of WSET candidates to the network's 40% annual growth.
Sussex Wine School offers a broad number of WSET courses from the Level 1 to Level 3 award. In 2015 we guided dozens of students through WSET courses with some of the highest pass rates in the country. We have had a Top 30 Level 3 student in the UK out of 3,000 passes in each of the last three years.
Sussex Wine School is an accredited provider of Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 (Foundation), Level 2 (Intermediate) & Level 3 (Advanced) courses.
Level 1 Award - Brighton - Friday 3rd June 2016
Register by Wed 18th May 2016
You can get a feel for what it is like to take a WSET course by watching this video
If you need any more incentive to book a WSET course with Sussex Wine School anyone booking a WSET Level 2 or Level 3 course from 1st April 2016 that ends by 31st October 2016 can enter our amazing competition to win a 'holiday of a lifetime' 14 day wine tour to New Zealand worth £8,500 with Local Wine School and Arblaster & Clarke.
Just book one of the courses below and then enter the competition here.
Competition qualifying WSET Level 2 and Level 3 course dates coming up:
Other 2016 courses:
Level 1 Award - Brighton - Fri 3rd June 2016 £155
Level 1 Award - Tunbridge Wells - Thurs 8th Sept 2016 £155
Level 1 Award - Brighton - Fri 9th Sept 2016 £155
Level 2 Award - over 3 Wednesdays - Brighton - Starting 2th Oct 2016 £365
Level 2 Award - over 3 Fridays - Tunbridge Wells - Starting 4th Nov 2016 £365
Sussex Wine School also runs courses from Wine Scholar Guild. This year we are launching the excellent French Wine Scholar course in Brighton.
Please click here to learn more about this in depth course which is designed to be a complimentary course for WSET level 3 and Diploma students and lovers of French wine.
Buying a present for a wine lover?
All of our wine tastings and courses are available as Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be sent to you or to the recipient with a personal message inside.
NO EXPIRY DATE AND POSTED 1st CLASS ANYWHERE IN THE UK
Here are some ideas ...
£22.50 Introduction to wine evening
£35 Food and wine event (eg Spanish Wines and Tapas)
Venue and Times
Sussex Wine School runs wine tastings and wine courses in Brighton and Tunbridge Wells
Evening tastings, courses and food evenings run from 7pm-9pm.
Saturday courses run from 11am-4pm.
BRIGHTON - Hotel du Vin Brighton at 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD is in central Brighton and within easy reach of public transport, the train station and local car parks.
Our tastings and courses are run in a private room on the ground floor.
Hotel du Vin Brighton is situated in the Lanes conservation area, a pebbles' throw from the seafront. Its 49 bedrooms are housed in a collection of eccentric gothic revival and mock Tudor buildings erected, appropriately by a wine merchant on the site of an old inn.
For table bookings in the award winning bistro after your tasting or at any other time please call 0844 7364251 or book online.
For a Google map please click here
TUNBRIDGE WELLS - Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells at Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY is in central Tunbridge Wells and within easy reach of public transport, the train station and local car parks. Our tastings and courses are run in a private room on the ground floor.
Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells is set in one of the town's architectural landmarks, a Grade II-listed sandstone mansion built as a private residence in 1762. We have retained its authentic detail carefully, adding our unique touch to the 34 bedrooms with antiques and memorabilia. Guests can enjoy a game of boules, dining on the garden terrace with its wonderful views across Calverley Park, or a wander through the hotel's very own vineyard.
For table bookings in the award winning bistro after your tasting or at any other time please call 0844 7489 9266 or book online.
For a Google map please click here
LEWES - The Pelham House Hotel in Saint Andrews Lane, Lewes BN7 1UW is just a short stroll from the railway station and the High Street. Parking is available either in the venue's own small car park or free after 6pm in the streets nearby.
For table bookings after your tasting or at any other time please call 01273 488600 or book online.
For a Google map please click here
Don't know which course to select?
Please call Jonny Gibson on 01435 884271 and he will be delighted to guide you through all our courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page, with your query. We will be happy to help.
Our wine courses and wine tasting in Sussex and Kent are suitable for everyone. They make a unique wine gift and wine present. We run many wine courses from one evening wine tastings to 8 week wine courses.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN SUSSEX AND KENT
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY & NO EXPIRY DATE. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Tun Wells & Wine Courses Brighton/Tun Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford
- Wine Tasting CANADA - coming soon!