Wine Tasting Sussex - Welcome to Sussex Wine School
We are an independent wine education company offering fun-filled Wine Tastings and Wine Courses in Brighton, East Sussex and Tunbridge Wells in Kent. No previous experience required!
- taste and learn in a relaxed setting
- improve your confidence buying wine
- make new discoveries
Our luxurious Saturday Intros to Wine (incl. lunch & Champagne) run monthly and need to be booked in advance - enjoy a day hosted in the beautiful Hotel du Vin Brighton or Tunbridge Wells.
Our popular 8 week World of Wine Tour gives you the chance to taste 50+ wines from 12 countries having loads of fun while learning lots of stuff about wine. Plus it's flexible (if you need to skip an evening you can pick it up when it repeats later)!
Recent 5-star Tripadvisor Review: "A totally enjoyable day where you learn so much; Jonny knows his wines and enables you to learn so much from him. Highly recommend for anyone to take up this experience! This is my second time in less than a year and would not hesitate to go again. Thank you". Read our latest Trip Advisor reviews for wine tastings in Brighton and Tunbridge Wells
Sussex Wine School Tastings and Courses
Our wine courses suit all levels of wine knowledge and experience, and we offer a range of courses for everyone to enjoy:
- Saturday Introduction to Wine Courses including champagne and a 2 course lunch £95
- 8 Week World of Wine Tour over eight weeks (Brighton or Tunbridge Wells) for £125 plus £10 per night (£25 per tasting).
- 4 Week Courses cover a country or region (France v New World, Discover Italy, Discover Spain & Portugal, Tour of Europe) for £60 plus £10 per night.
- Evening tastings from £25 (Brighton or Tunbridge Wells). Tastings on themes such as Weird Grapes, Winter Reds, Wines under £9, Award Winners, Natural wines and more.
- Our specialist Fine Wine tastings give you the chance to try premium wines over £20 from the world's best wine regions.
- Food & Wine evenings are a great way to experience food and wine matching such as Cheese and Wine pairing, Chocolate and Wine, Spanish Wines and Tapas.
- Gin and Whisky Tastings - very popular evenings looking at all things gin and whisky
No previous wine knowledge is required to enjoy any of these courses.
We also run wine events for companies, charities and private groups.
Find out more here.
Our national network of friendly Wine Schools offer wine courses & tastings at other locations across the UK - click here to learn more...
Local Wine School, of which Sussex Wine School is a part, is the UK's largest network of WSET certified educators with over 1,400 successful WSET candidates in 2015.
Chris Powell, the founder of our network Local Wine School, took home the silverware for the much coveted Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 2015 award. The judges were unanimous in selecting Chris Powell, head of our Local Wine School network, as the winner. We are extremely proud to be a part of the network, contributing a significant number of WSET candidates to the network's 40% annual growth.
Sussex Wine School offers a broad number of WSET courses from the Level 1 to Level 3 award. In 2015 we guided dozens of students through WSET courses with some of the highest pass rates in the country. We have had a Top 30 Level 3 student in the UK out of 3,000 passes in each of the last three years.
You can get a feel for what it is like to take a WSET course by watching this video
WSET day courses coming soon at Sussex Wine School:
Level 1 in Wines - Brighton - Friday 2nd Feb 2018 £165
Level 1 in Wines - Tunbridge Wells - Friday 9th Feb 2018 £165
Level 1 in Wines - Guildford - Wed 21st Feb 2018 £165
Level 1 in Wines - Brighton - Sun 22nd Apr 2018 £165
Level 2 in Wines and Spirits - Brighton - Fri 12th, 19th and 26th Jan 2018 £395
Level 2 in Wines and Spirits - Tunbridge Wells - Fri 9th, 16th and 23rd March 2018 £395
Level 2 in Wines and Spirits - Guildford - Wed 14th, 21st and 28th Mar 2018 £395
Level 2 in Wines and Spirits - Brighton - Wed 23rd, 30th May and 6th June 2018 £395
Level 3 in Wines - Brighton - Fri 16th Feb to 23rd Mar 2018 £695
Level 3 in Wines - Southampton - Wed 11th April to 16th May 2018 £695
Level 3 in Wines - Brighton - Wed 13th June to 18th July 2018 £695
Level 3 in Wines - Tunbridge Wells - Fri 7th Sept to 12th Oct 2018 £695
Sussex Wine School also runs courses from Wine Scholar Guild. We are accredited to teach the excellent French Wine Scholar course and Italian Wine Scholar course.
This in depth course is designed to be a complimentary course for WSET level 3 and Diploma students and lovers of French and Italian wine. 100 question multiple choice + study book and online resources.
French Wine Scholar course - Brighton - Mon evenings 15th Jan to 12th March 2018 £595
Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 (North) course - Brighton - Mon evenings 9th Apr - 4th June 2018 £595
Buying a present for a wine lover?
All of our wine tastings and courses are available as Gift Vouchers
Gift vouchers can be sent to you or to the recipient with a personal message inside.
NO EXPIRY DATE AND POSTED 1st CLASS ANYWHERE IN THE UK
Here are some ideas ...
£25 Introduction to wine evening
£35 Food and wine event (eg Spanish Wines and Tapas)
Venues and Times
Sussex Wine School runs wine tastings and wine courses in Brighton, Tunbridge Wells and Lewes.
Evening tastings, courses and food evenings run from 7pm-9pm.
Saturday courses run from 11am-4pm.
BRIGHTON - Hotel du Vin Brighton at 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD is in central Brighton and within easy reach of public transport, the train station and local car parks.
Our tastings and courses are run in a private room on the ground floor.
Hotel du Vin Brighton is situated in the Lanes conservation area, a pebbles' throw from the seafront. Its 49 bedrooms are housed in a collection of eccentric gothic revival and mock Tudor buildings erected, appropriately by a wine merchant on the site of an old inn.
For table bookings in the award winning bistro after your tasting or at any other time please call 0844 7364251 or book online.
For a Google map please click here
TUNBRIDGE WELLS - Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells at Crescent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY is in central Tunbridge Wells and within easy reach of public transport, the train station and local car parks. Our tastings and courses are run in a private room on the ground floor.
Hotel du Vin Tunbridge Wells is set in one of the town's architectural landmarks, a Grade II-listed sandstone mansion built as a private residence in 1762. We have retained its authentic detail carefully, adding our unique touch to the 34 bedrooms with antiques and memorabilia. Guests can enjoy a game of boules, dining on the garden terrace with its wonderful views across Calverley Park, or a wander through the hotel's very own vineyard.
For table bookings in the award winning bistro after your tasting or at any other time please call 0844 7489 9266 or book online.
For a Google map please click here
Don't know which course to select?
Please call Jonny Gibson on 01435 884271 and he will be delighted to guide you through all our courses and help you make the right selection.
Or send us a note via the Contact Us page, with your query. We will be happy to help.
Our wine courses and wine tasting in Sussex and Kent are suitable for everyone. They make a unique wine gift and wine present. We run many wine courses from one evening wine tastings to 8 week wine courses.
WINE TASTING FOR EVERYONE IN SUSSEX AND KENT
Other Wine Schools
We are proud to be part of the Local Wine School network - the only UK-wide network of independent wine schools. All our centres offer fun wine tastings and courses to suit everyone from absolute beginner to the serious enthusiast.
All our tastings can also be purchased as great gifts that can be redeemed at any of our wine schools across the UK. All our Gift Vouchers have FREE DELIVERY & NO EXPIRY DATE. Check out our National website for further details - www.localwineschool.com
- Wine Tasting London-West & Wine Courses London-West
- Wine Tasting London-East & Wine Courses London-East
- Wine Tasting London-South & Wine Courses London-South
- Wine Tasting London-North & Wine Courses London-North
- Wine Tasting Edinburgh & Wine Courses Edinburgh
- Wine Tasting Glasgow & Wine Courses Glasgow
- Wine Tasting Manchester & Wine Courses Manchester
- Wine Tasting Liverpool/Chester & Wine Courses Liverpool/Chester
- Wine Tasting Birmingham & Wine Courses Birmingham
- Wine Tasting Leeds/York & Wine Courses Leeds/York
- Wine Tasting Bristol/Bath & Wine Courses Bristol/Bath
- Wine Tasting Newcastle upon Tyne & Wine Courses Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wine Tasting Nottingham & Derby & Wine Courses Nottingham & Derby
- Wine Tasting Brighton/Tun Wells & Wine Courses Brighton/Tun Wells
- Wine Tasting Cambridge & Wine Courses Cambridge
- Wine Tasting Norwich & Norfolk & Wine Courses Norwich & Norfolk
- Wine Tasting Essex & Wine Courses Essex
- Wine Tasting Oxford/Cheltenham & Wine Courses Oxford/Cheltenham
- Wine Tasting Shropshire & Wine Courses Shropshire
- Wine Tasting Hertfordshire & Wine Courses Hertfordshire
- Wine Tasting Reading/Windsor/Berkshire & Wine Courses Reading/Berks
- Wine Tasting Lancashire & Wine Courses Lancashire
- Wine Tasting Milton Keynes & Wine Courses Milton Keynes
- Wine Tasting Hampshire - Wine Courses Southampton/Winchester
- Wine Tasting Surrey - Wine Courses & Wine Tastings in Guildford