WSET Course Level 3 £695
Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
What you'll learn
The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines of the world, sparkling wines of the world and fortified wines of the world
How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)If you are an employer wishing to train your staff this course will equip them with knowledge and understanding of a wide range of products.
Unit 1 is assessed by a closed-book exam of 50 multiple-choice questions and a paper of short written answers. Unit 2 is assessed by a blind tasting of two wines.
This qualification is regulated by Ofqual
It is recommended that you hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. This course is suitable for someone in a supervisory level position in wine sales and service.
- These are ideal for trade professionals and wine enthusiasts
- There are three x two hour classroom sessions each day, starting at 9.30am and finishing at 4:30pm with an hour break for lunch
- There are 5 full day sessions (30 classroom hours) and an exam session, spread out over 6 weeks. The final exam day is 11am - 4pm
- WSET recommends at least 54 hours of home study in addition to the 30 hours of classroom sessions.
- Sessions 1,2,3 - Intro, tasting technique, natural and human factors with grape-growing & human factors with winemaking
- Sessions 4,5,6 - Whites wines: Germany, Alsace, Austria, Tokaji, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux + Red / rose wines: Bordeaux, SW France, Loire
- Sessions 7,8,9 - Red wines: Burgundy, Wines of Rhone, S France, Spain, Portugal, Northern Italy
- Sessions 10,11,12 - Central & S Italy, Portugese reds, Premium New World reds and whites
- Sessions 13,14,15 - Regional new world wines, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines
- Exam Session
Course tutor: Jonny Gibson
Jonny has 25 years experience in the wine and spirit industry and is certified for teaching WSET Level 2 and Level 3 courses, training students through both the Intermediate and Advanced certificates. With high pass rates Jonny's courses are thoroughly enjoyable but informative and educational.
Local Wine School (of which Sussex Wine School is a part) is the UK's largest network of WSET certified educators. Over 1,400 successful WSET candidates in 2015. Chris Powell, the founder of our network, Local Wine School, won the coveted Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 2015 award.
Around 3,000 students pass the WSET Level 3 course in the UK each year. The Top 30 students each year are invited to attached a special Scholarship exam day. Sussex Wine School has had a student in the Top 30 for the past three years - 2012/13, 2013/14 and 2014/15.
Wednesdays for 6 sessions starting Wed 7th Nov 2018 WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts. For individuals
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 7th Nov 2018 at 9.30am - 4.30pm
Venue: Guildford Institute, Ward St, Guildford GU1 4LH
Fridays for 6 sessions starting Friday 9th Nov 2018 WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts. For individuals
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 9th Nov 2018 at 9.30am - 4.30pm
Venue: Hotel du Vin Brighton BN1 1AD
Wednesdays for 6 sessions starting Wed 1st May 2019. WSET Level 3 in Wines Award is an advanced level qualification for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts. For individuals
Places remaining: 14
Date/Time: 1st May 2019 at 9.30am - 4.30pm
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD