French Wine Scholar £595
The French Wine Scholar™ Study and Certification program provides current, accurate and in-depth information on the wines and wine regions of France. Developed and administrated by the Wine Scholar Guild with the support of the French Ministry of Agriculture, this specialization program is designed for advanced students of wine, whether professionals or serious wine hobbyists.
Students who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar™ (FWS) post-nominal (e.g. John Smith, FWS).
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING THE FWS COURSE?
- FWS is designed to test for proficiency in ALL the wines and wine regions of France.
- FWS is ideal for those currently studying or completed WSET Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma as an ideal supplement
- FWS is also ideal for sommeliers, importers, distributors and for those who hold an enthusiastic interest for the French wine industry
- The French Wine Scholar curriculum is comprised of eight x 2 1/2 hour classes (Total 20 Hours) usually on consecutive weeks
- There is an additional ninth lesson which is the examination evening
- A minimum of 5 wines will be tasted per class
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines from key French regions
- Regional Food and Wine Matching: An informal guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve key French wines
- Grape Varieties: Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from ALL the French grape varieties
- Regions: Full immersion in ALL the French wine regions; Alsace, Champagne, Burgundy, Beaujolais, Jura, Savoie, Loire, Bordeaux, Languedoc-Roussillon, Rhone, Southwest, Provence and Corsica
- Number of Wines Tasted: 40-50 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials: Students will receive the French Wine Scholar Study Manual, a comprehensive guide to ALL French wine
- Additional Materials: Students will have access to a complete E-Learning Package. There are 20 multimedia modules with webinars on regional wine styles, review quizzes, forums, downloadable maps & etc.
- Duration of course: 9 evenings inclusive of examination on the ninth session. Evenings will last from 7pm until 9:30pm
- Examination: 100 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 60 minutes. A mark of 75% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
The fee of £595 includes:
- A comprehensive study manual which also serves as reference book
- Learning objectives for each region
- Interactive online study modules for each region (link)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Pronunciation exercises
- Access to live and recorded review webinars
- Professional tuition by Wine Scholar Guild certified tutor
- A minimum of five well chosen wines to taste at each classroom session
- Examination fees
- Internationally-recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass.
VAT Receipt available on request- simply email us after your purchase
The French Wine Scholar (FWS) study and certification program from the Wine Scholar Guild is geared for members of the wine trade and avid French wine enthusiasts. It is endorsed
Places remaining: 7
Date/Time: 15th Jan 2018 at 7pm - 9pm
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD