Italian Wine Scholar £595
The Italian Wine Scholar™ education program is an Italian wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on Italian wine bar none! It was created by native Italian, Maurizio Broggi, DWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia. The Italian Wine Scholar™ study program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French Wine Scholar™ program. Like the French Wine Scholar program, the Italian Wine Scholar study and certification program also confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exams (Ex: John Smith, IWS).
"I am impressed by the thoroughness of research that has gone into the Italian Wine Scholar study manual, and by the clear way it is laid out. I am sure that this course will prove very useful for the growing numbers of wine students wishing to improve their knowledge of wines in general and Italian wines in particular."
Nicolas Belfrage MW, author of the acclaimed books “Barolo to Valpolicella: the Wines of Northern Italy” and “Brunello to Zibibbo: the Wines of Tuscany, Central and Southern Italy”
The Italian Wine Scholar course is composed of two separate units:
- Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy
- Unit 2: The Wines of Central & Southern Italy
- There will be two separate study manuals and two separate exams. The Italian Wine Scholar™ credential/pin is based on the final composite score (Unit 1&2). This format makes it much easier to retain information and to pass the exam. Students register for each unit separately. You can start with Unit 1 or Unit 2 as you wish.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER STUDYING THE IWS COURSE?
- IWS is designed to test for proficiency in ALL the wines and wine regions of Italy.
- IWS is ideal for those currently studying or completed WSET Level 3 and Level 4 Diploma as an ideal supplement
- IWS is also ideal for sommeliers, importers and distributors and for those who hold an enthusiastic interest for the Italian wine industry
- The Italian Wine Scholar curriculum is comprised of 7 x 2 hour classes (Total = approx 16 classroom hours) for each unit on consecutive weekday evenings.
- There is an additional eighth lesson which is the examination evening
- 6-8 wines will be tasted per class
The fee of £595 for each unit includes:
- A comprehensive study manual which also serves as reference book
- Learning objectives for each region
- Interactive online study modules for each region (link)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Pronunciation exercises
- Access to live and recorded review webinars with Maurizio Broggi, Education Director for Italy
- Professional tuition by Wine Scholar Guild certified tutor
- Approx 60 well chosen wines to taste per Unit course
- Use of Sussex Wine School tasting glasses
- Examination fees
- Internationally-recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass.
- VAT Receipt available on request - simply email us after your purchase
The Italian Wine Scholar™ education program is an Italian wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on Italian wine
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 12th Oct 2020 at 7pm - 9pm
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD