Coronavirus restrictions in Brighton
Our in venue wine courses and classes will resume when the current lockdown restrictions are lifted. We hope that this will be at some point in March but are planning for a re-opening of the wine school after Easter 2021. We will contact you directly by email if you have booked a wine tasting or class in January and February 2021 with options to move your booking to a new date or to receive a credit valid for two years.
In the meantime we have a great range of wine tastings, courses and WSET wine courses for you to enjoy virtually. You can see the choice of online tastings and courses and book your places here. Please support us by getting involved in these virtual tastings and courses. They are great fun and they will help you get through the lockdown!
When we do re-open we will run our tastings, classes and courses in groups of up to 14 people maximum in a Covid safe environment.
This is what to expect when you attend one our events.
- Hand Sanitiser at the entrance to the hotel and on your table
- Enhanced hygiene measures in place
- Collection of or the lead person making the booking’s personal details which will be retained for 21 days after events to facilitate track & trace
- We will seat people together in their group, maximum of 6 people.
- We will assume that each booking made is in a family household or support bubble. If you need to socially distance within your group, please let us know.
- A maximum of 14 people per class so we can ensure adequate 1m+ social distancing in place between different groups
- To reduce the shared handling of items all wines will be poured by your tutor
On the day of the event
- When you arrive at our venue please use a facemask and ask for the Sussex Wine School room at the hotel reception
- When you are seated in our classroom facemasks may be removed
- Please follow (one way) signs as appropriate to our room
- Please bring personal water bottles and pens (and pencils if sitting a WSET or WSG exam)
- Tutors will wear face masks when closer than 2m to you - eg when pouring wine.
My gift voucher is about to run out
Our Brighton events were postponed from mid-March to August and November 2020 and in January and February 2021. If you did not get enough opportunity to use a voucher during this time, simply email us when you have chosen a date and we extend the expiry date by one year.
Gift Vouchers are a great idea!
Our Gift Vouchers carry some of the longest period of validity in the gift experience industry - they are valid for two years.
We look forward to seeing you online and live soon.
Sussex Wine School