Covid-19 Rule of 6
We are currently running all our in-venue wine classes and wine courses inc WSET and Wine Scholar Guild courses at Hotel du Vin Brighton. Brighton and Hove is currently a Tier 1 area with medium Covid restrictions. Exceptions where people from different households can gather in groups larger than 6 people include the provision of educational classes in a Covid safe venue and this includes out classes and courses. We will not be able to accept an individual booking of more than 6 people, but we are allowed to have more than 6 people in total, as long as each individual group (max 6 people) is socially distanced from each other.
This is what to expect when you attend one our events.
- Hand Sanitiser will be available at all our events
- Enhanced hygiene measures in place
- Collection of or the lead person making the booking’s personal details which will be retained for 21 days after events to facilitate track & trace
- We will seat people together in their group, maximum of 6 people.
- We will assume that each booking made is in a family household or support bubble. If you need to socially distance within your group, please let us know.
- A maximum of 14 people per class so we can ensure adequate 1m+ social distancing in place between different groups
- To reduce the shared handling of items all wines will be poured for guests
On the day of the event
- When you arrive at our venue please use a facemask and ask for Sussex Wine School room at the hotel reception
- When you are seated in our classroom facemasks may be removed
- Please follow (one way) signs as appropriate to our room
- Please bring personal water bottles and pens (and pencils if sitting a WSET or WSG exam)
- Tutors will wear face masks when closer than 2m to you - eg when pouring wine.
If you aren’t ready to join us yet – no problem – we are continuing our NEW programme of Online wine tastings & courses in your home with matched wines and food suggestions for the ultimate night in! We are also running Online WSET Level 1, 2 and 3 courses.
Your booking is safe with us, and should a venue need to close, we will ensure you don't lose out. You will be able to rebook at any time in the future with full confidence we will ready and waiting for you.
What happens if Covid restrictions change in Brighton and you can no longer run the class or event?
If government restrictions change, for example should Brighton enter Tier 2 or Tier 3, we will continue to be able to run educational classes for groups of over 6 people (no booking can be for a group larger than 6 people) as education is an exemption to the rules for Tiers 2 and 3 as it is for Tier 1. In the event that Hotel du Vin closes we will do our best to find an alternative venue. Should we be unable to run a class or course due to another national lockdown then we will in the first instance move the class or course online and offer you the chance to switch to the online class. A new date will also be set for a rescheduled in person class or course in the future and you will be given the chance to move your booking to the new date if you prefer this to an online class. Please ensure that you understand the cancellation policy of any transportation company you are using to travel to Brighton for our events. Be mindful too of the cancellation policy of the hotel or B&B should you be booking accommodation in the area to coincide with our events. We understand that our customers often book transport and accommodation in advance and we will be flexible in helping you rearrange your booking for a future date if you have issues with transport or accommodation that affect your booking.
My gift voucher is about to run out?
Our Brighton events were postponed from mid-March to August. If you did not get enough opportunity to use a voucher during this time, simply email us when you have chosen a date and we will either re-activate your voucher or extend its validity.
Gift Vouchers are still a great idea!
Our Gift Vouchers carry some of the longest period of validity in the gift experience industry - they are valid for two years to allow your recipient plenty of time to choose a convenient date/ Our selection includes new 'Covid proof' gift vouchers for online courses and tastings.
We look forward to seeing you online and live soon.
Sussex Wine School
22nd September 2020