Coronavirus Update - 31st March 2020
Here is an update for all of our customers to let you know how Sussex Wine School is being affected by the Coronavirus pandemic and what this means for you and your bookings.
Following the government's updated advice on 16th March for people to avoid all unnecessary social contact and travel in order to slow the spread of Covid-19, I have decided to postpone all of our wine tastings and courses due to run at Hotel du Vin Brighton from 17th March through to 31st May 2020.
As a responsible business that is part of the Brighton and Hove community our priority must be the health and well being of our guests, students and tutors. I hope you understand and support this decision.
If you have booked already
All individuals booked on any of our tastings or courses occurring between 17th March and 31st May 2020 have been contacted and have been offered the following:
- Free rebooking with no amendment fees; or
- Free cancellation and a credit equivalent to your original ticket price to be used as payment for future events. This credit is valid for two years.
- Please keep an eye on events list here. This is being regularly updated with new tastings for you to choose.
While we hope to resume tastings and courses as soon as possible for everyone, should we need to close for additional time beyond 31st May 2020 due to COVID-19, the above will be also offered to anyone whose booking with us becomes impacted by this.
If you haven't booked yet
- Please do! We have new online WSET courses running in May and online evening tastings live in April and May.
- You can continue to book on to our events from June onwards safe in the knowledge that the above will apply should we need to postpone any more events
- If you're not sure what you'd like to book on to then please have a look at our range of gift vouchers, which are valid for 2 years
- If you have a gift voucher that is due to expiry during our closure, please email us and we'll extend it for you
WSET courses and WSG courses
We have new online WSET Level 1 in Wines and Level 2 in Wines courses running in May ready for your to book. For classroom courses please book all Levels of WSET courses from September onwards on the website. We can post you your study manuals now so that you can get ahead with your reading and revision.
We are very much open for business at our home office ready to help you with any wine related or event booking queries you have and to help you transfer your bookings and receive credits for any postponed events. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01273 978122.
Thanks for your understanding and support. I am encouraging all of our customers to think of this as a short break due to a situation out of anyone's control and I want to reassure you that we will be back running wine tastings and courses as soon as we can. When we do we will be following the enhanced government hygiene guidelines introduced as a result of the Covid-19 virus.
So please stay safe, sane and happy and we'll see you soon.
Owner, Sussex Wine School