Saturday Introduction to Wine inc lunch BRIGHTON
11am to 4 pm - including Champagne & delicious 2-course lunch @ the award-winning Hotel du Vin in central Brighton
· Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
This course can be purchased as a Gift Voucher - a great gift for birthdays or other special occasions!
Places remaining: 4
Course Date/Time: Sat 7th Jul 2018 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD