8 Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course - Brighton
Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Thursday evenings starting 10th Jan 2019 as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you.
The World of Wine course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you receive a credit so that you can repeat that session next time. So don't worry if you are going on holiday or need to be away at any point!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting over 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Course fee structure: The course fee is £205. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £125 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately (this works out to approximately £25 per evening - usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £30 per evening).
Course Dates (all Thursdays - if you can't make any, let us know and you can pick it up next time):
- 10th Jan - France: the major regions + grape growing and the importance of climate and weather
- 17th Jan - Italy: the major wine styles + how wine is made
- 24th Jan - Spain & Portugal + maturing wine and the use of oak
- 31st Jan - Germany, Austria & UK + serving and storing wine
- 7th Feb - Australia & New Zealand + principles of wine and food pairing
- 14th Feb - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- 21st Feb - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- 28th Feb - Sparkling & Sweet Wine styles
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing by 9pm.
There is a digital presentation and a hand out sheet with each tasting and nibbles such as cheese, crackers and sliced salami are placed on the table for people to share.
Our venue for this course is Hotel du Vin, Brighton. See our Venue page for more details.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Thu 10th Jan 2019 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 8 weeks - Thursdays
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD