English Sparkling Wines with Jonny
There is a lot to celebrate about English wines right now. A bumper harvest in 2018, and more than 3 million vines being planted in 2019, the application for a Sussex Sparkling region underway and awards all over the place.
With annual sales of English wines exceeding £100m for the first time and predictions of a wine tourism boom and 30,000 jobs in the industry by 2030 it is an exciting time for English wines.
This tasting will guide you through what is happening in terms of English sparkling wines right now and we will celebrate our country's wines by tasting seven well chosen English sparkling wines that showcase the quality and breadth of styles available today.
I have chosen a personal selecton of wines including several sparkling wines that won Gold medals and Trophy awards at the WineGB 2020 Awards:
- Jenkyn Place Blanc de Blancs 2015 - Best Blanc de Blancs
- Langham Estate Blanc de Blancs 2015 - Gold
- Black Chalk Classic 2016 - Gold + Best Newcomer
- Ashling Park Sparkling Rose NV - Best Sparkling Rose
- Breaky Bottom Cuvée Michelle Moreau 2014 - Best Sparkling Non Classic blend
- Limney Estate 2014 - Silver
- Sugre The trouble with dreams 2014 - Best Boutique Producer
The tasting includes hand out sheets, ISO tasting glasses, nibbles and a quality tutored tasting of English Sparkling Wines.
Tasting limited to 14 people
Venue: Hotel du Vin Brighton
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Tue 27th Apr 2021 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD