Saturday Introduction to Wine inc lunch TUNBRIDGE WELLS
11am to 4pm - including champagne & delicious 2 course lunch at the Hotel du Vin in central Tunbridge Wells.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others
- Introduction to champagne
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines inc champagne
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels.
This course can be purchased as a Gift Voucher - a great gift for birthdays or other special occasions!
Places remaining: 2
Course Date/Time: Sat 20th Jan 2018 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, Cresecent Road, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LY