Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 - Brighton
The Italian Wine Scholar™ education program is an Italian wine course designed to provide committed students of wine with the most advanced and comprehensive specialization study program on Italian wine bar none! It was created by native Italian, Maurizio Broggi, DWS, FWS with the support of the Italian wine DOC/G consortia.
The Italian Wine Scholar™ study program mirrors the unparalleled level of depth, accuracy, detail and academic rigor offered by the acclaimed French Wine Scholar™ program. Like the French Wine Scholar program, the Italian Wine Scholar study and certification program also confers a post-nominal to wine professionals and enthusiasts who successfully pass the certification exams (Ex: John Smith, IWS).
"I am impressed by the thoroughness of research that has gone into the Italian Wine Scholar study manual, and by the clear way it is laid out. I am sure that this course will prove very useful for the growing numbers of wine students wishing to improve their knowledge of wines in general and Italian wines in particular."
Nicolas Belfrage MW, author of the acclaimed books “Barolo to Valpolicella: the Wines of Northern Italy” and “Brunello to Zibibbo: the Wines of Tuscany, Central and Southern Italy”
The Italian Wine Scholar course is composed of two separate units:
Unit 1: The Wines of Northern Italy
Unit 2: The Wines of Central & Southern Italy
There will be two separate study manuals and two separate exams. The Italian Wine Scholar™ credential/pin is based on the final composite score (Unit 1&2).
This format makes it much easier to retain information and to pass the exam.
Students register for each unit separately.
Italian Wine Scholar Unit 1 course - Brighton
Course Dates (All Monday Evenings):
- 7th Jan: Valle d'Aosta & Liguria
- 14th Jan: Piemonte Part 1
- 21st Jan: Piemonte Part 2
- 28th Jan: Trentino & Alto Adige
- 4th Feb: Lombardia
- 11th Feb: Veneto
- 18th Feb: Friuli-Venezia Guilia
- 25th Feb: Emilia Romagna
- 4th Mar: Exam (100 multiple choice, 1 hour exam at 7pm)
The Unit 1 fee of £595 includes:
- A comprehensive study manual which also serves as reference book
- Learning objectives for each region
- Interactive online study modules for each region (link)
- Online quizzes and learning games for self-evaluation
- Pronunciation exercises
- Access to live and recorded review webinars with Maurizio Broggi, Education Director for Italy
- Professional tuition by Wine Scholar Guild certified tutor
- A minimum of five well chosen wines to taste at each classroom session
- Examination fees
- Internationally-recognised qualification certificate and pin for those who pass.
VAT Receipt available on request- simply email us after your purchase
Places remaining: 9
Course Date/Time: Mon 7th Jan 2019 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD