8 Week Introduction to the World of Wine Course - Horsham
Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Thursday evenings starting 6th Sept 2018 as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you.
The World of Wine course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of any of our other tasting or event. So don't worry if you are going on holiday or need to be away at any point!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting over 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Course fee structure: The course fee is £205. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £125 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately (this works out to approximately £25 per evening - usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £30 per evening).
Course Dates (all Thursdays - if you can't make any, let us know and you can pick it up next time):
- 6th Sept - Introduction to wine: tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties
- 13th Sept - France: all the major regions + the importance of climate and weather
- 20th Sept - Italy: the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- 27th Sept - Spain & Portugal + serving and storing wine
- 4th Oct - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- 11th Oct - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- 18th Oct - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- 25th Oct - Champagne & Sparkling Wine
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing by 9pm.
There is a digital presentation and a hand out sheet with each tasting and nibbles such as cheese, crackers and sliced salami are placed on the table for people to share.
Our venue for this course is Mannings Heath Golf Club, Hammerpond Rd, Mannings Heath, Horsham RH13 6PG
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Thu 6th Sep 2018 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Mannings Heath Golf Club Hammerpond Rd, Mannings Heath, Horsham RH13 6PG