Saturday Introduction to Wine inc lunch BRIGHTON
Saturday wine courses are run at Hotel du Vin in Brighton. The day starts with a glass of champagne as we chat about how to get bubbles into wine and continues through a series of white and red wines. The day includes a delicious 2 course lunch with a glass of rose.
- Glass of champagne - learn about the world's most famous sparkling wine
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- New World wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste and describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
This is a great opportunity to meet like minded people and learn more about wine with a delicious 2 course lunch included too!
Our Saturday Wine Courses also make a great Gift idea for any occasion
11am - 1pm - Morning session with champagne
1pm – 2.15pm - 2 course lunch with rose
2.15pm – 4pm - Afternoon session & food matching
Our Saturday courses are run at Hotel du Vin in Brighton
Courses are limited to a maximum of 20 people and champagne and a two course lunch is included in the price.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 2nd Feb 2019 at 11am - 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD