Introduction to Wine and Wine Tasting
If you want to get a taste of what we offer at Sussex Wine School, then join us for an introductory look at the wonderfully diverse and quirky world of wine. We will taste six wines and provide many pointers to enhance your appreciation of wine.
By the end of the evening you will have learned:
- How to taste wine like a professional
- How to identify aromas and flavours in wine
- About the influence of climate and weather on wine
- What influence oak and other wine-making techniques have on the wine in your glass
- Some principles of food and wine matching
- How to choose wine with more confidence: we discuss how to interpret wine labels
All tastings include: minimum of 6 wines sourced locally so you can find them easily if you like them, full tasting notes, use of professional tastings glasses and nibbles.
We will we taste 6 excellent wines from France, Italy, Spain and new world from countries such as New Zealand and America. This tastingis perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment.
"Just attended my first wine tasting at Sussex Wine School - it was great - delicious wines, loads of hints & tips on what to buy - not at all intimidating for the first-timer."
Chris, Trip Advisor
This eveningis perfect for people who are new to wine tasting and just want to learn more in a relaxed environment. This evening makes a great present and can be bought as Gift Voucher for just £25.
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Thu 30th Jul 2020 at 7pm - 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Hotel du Vin, 2 Ship Street, Brighton BN1 1AD